One of the most common techniques in open structure rhinoplasty, either primary, revisional or ethnic, is some kind of dorsum grafting to define, position, augment, shape and model the nasal dorsum. Dorsum grafting is one of the most creative, artistic and challenging rhinoplasty techniques, demanding the best skills, judgment and planning from the surgeon.
The main goal is achieving the desired effect with the dorsum graft but preventing its presence is detectable or adds any kind of deformity; being naturalness and undetectability absolutely feasible goals, however and eventually the graft placed at the dorsum might be explicit, detectable and its contour, ridges, shape and prominence be obvious to the observer's eye; needless to say this is absolutely unsightly and needs surgical revision.
To prevent the tombstone nasal dorsum deformity the surgeon has to shape, tailor, carve and model the graft in a highly customized to patient's nose anatomy fashion, considering critical factors like the thickness and transparency of the skin, the amount of subcutaneous tissue, the firmness and shape of the cartilage employed for the graft, the projecting vector towards the skin, etc.
Very specific maneuvers aiming to prevent graft visibility are crushing it, scoring it, bevel its edges, adjust its thickness, warping it or adding on its top and beneath the skin camouflage layers like perichondrium or temporalis fascia grafting.
Patients warning: only highly experienced surgeons who have underwent optimal training and have performed already a large number of closed approach and non structure rhinoplasties should execute nose grafting and structure rhinoplasty cases, should they feel capable and comfortable with the challenge.
Perfectioning Nose Job | Perfectioning Rhinoplasty | Rebuild Nose Job | Rebuild Rhinoplasty | Reconstruction Nose Job | Remedial Nose Job | Remedial Rhinoplasty | Repair Nose Job | Repair Rhinoplasty | Results Improvement Nose Job | Results Improvement Rhinoplasty | Revision Nose Job | Secondary Nose Job | Secondary Rhinoplasty
DR. ALEJANDRO NOGUEIRA'S TOMBSTONE DORSUM DEFORMITY CASES PHOTO GALLERY
BEFORE & AFTER
INTRAOPERATIVE & TECHNICAL
See more accessing Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's entire Tombstone dorsum deformity Before & After gallery of cases.
See more accessing Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's entire Tombstone dorsum deformity Intraoperative & Technical gallery of cases.
REVIEWS & RATINGS
- This information is indicative only and does not represent an obligation with patients or a prediction of forthcoming events, since is based on statistical means for large groups of patients, with the variability that implies, and the biased experience of medical professionals.
- Medicine and Surgery are not exact sciences, therefore it is not possible to foretell the most likely evolution neither establish the most suitable management for each individual case until the moment the physicians can preoperatively evaluate the patient and receive feedback about the postoperative.
- One surgical process can't be fully predictable or be rigidly scheduled on a previous protocol, so the management plan may be modified at any time based on the requirements that could be considered as necessary or most suitable.
- Healing is an imprecise and always unpredictable process due to the uniqueness nature of each patient; even with your physician prioritising post-op patient care excellence and scar minimisation techniques and treatments your evolution and results may be likely different to the information contained on this website, therefore your physician cannot guarantee any specific scenario and outcome commitment regarding your procedures.
- Remember that all surgery is likely to produce lasting swelling and a lifetime permanent scar, which is likely to partially evolve over approximately 12 to 18 months or longer because this is an issue of unpredictable kind; some patients may be prone to permanent swelling and bad scarring.
- Information on our website is not a substitute for a personalised, individual consultation that includes a physical examination, history taking, a discussion of the potential risks including potential common complications, pros and cons of various procedural options, and the likely outcome expectations of your surgical procedure. Only an in-person consultation and examination can help your physician to provide you with information about what you, personally, as a unique individual, can expect.
- Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's opinions, indications, procedures, techniques and methods of diagnosis, treatment and management change frequently as new information is available due to scientific knowledge and state-of-the-art medical practice progress; we aim to keep information updated, but it is possible that some information may have been superseded and is in process of being added to our website, therefore it may not represent Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's most current methods or protocols.
- All the reviews, ratings and opinions have been freely and voluntarily written and sent by real people with the intention to issue their feedback about their own first account experience regarding the services of Dr. Alejandro Nogueira, the Medical Team and the facilities where the treatments were performed or the assistance provided.
- Despite exhaustive verification measures, it is impossible to guarantee the authenticity of the reviews, ratings and opinions received; moreover, it cannot be confirmed that these are patients really attended by Dr. Alejandro Nogueira or that the review corresponds to the reality of the assistance received, much less that the rating and opinion are a fair criticism close to an adequate one value judgment, either for its favourable spirit as well as unfavourable to the reputation of the parties involved.
- It is up to the reader’s criterion to give more or less credibility to the reviews, ratings and opinions published at its own account and risk, once it is informed that their level of trustworthiness cannot be guaranteed, that all criticism is subjective or cognitively biased and that, although realistic and weightedly fair, a review cannot be extrapolated beyond the individual experience of a patient with a given treatment, a particular medical problem and with a unique and individualized technical application to their case, so it will be something that it will never be repeated in other patients, neither with regard to their technical planning nor regarding their evolution, much less in their results.
- All reviews, ratings and opinions go through a moderation and editing process prior to publication, in order to guarantee, as far as possible, their quality, the philosophy of user’s help and guidance, their compliance with editorial policies, proofreading correction, their anonymization, third parties protection and their translation; there is the possibility that the published reviews differ substantially from the original version submitted or that it is decided not to publish those that are considered low quality ones, and therefore of no help to users, or for breaching the principles of proportionality, failure to pose a reasonable criticism and lack of adherence to the limits of freedom of expression, being fully and discretionarily reserved the right of admission, moderation, editing and publication of the submitted reviews.
- Previous satisfied patients of a physician do not guarantee future successful patients' experiences or happiness about the treatments and their overall management.
- Reviews, ratings and opinions are mere guidance background aiming to help the patients in their decision-making process, providing an average overview of Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's work; no one of them can be considered as an obligation of any particular grade of satisfaction nor a commitment for the achievement of any specific success, therefore you should not base your subjective expectations on them.
- Every patient's individual satisfaction is somehow unpredictable, since this will depend on multiple particular, frequently unpredictable and sometimes uncontrollable expectation factors of a very much subjective, cultural, psychological and intellectual kind.
- Even when you feel very similar to another patient in their experience, your grade of satisfaction will likely vary significantly, because you are a unique person and every individual has not only a completely unique psyche, but also uniquely individualistic assessment capacities, expectation tendencies and acceptance processes, some of which are unpredictable even in very well mentally balanced patients who reflect adequately and do all the other right and recommended assessments before and after their procedure.
- All images are genuine, trustworthy and real standard views of the "before" situation and the long term settled "after" actual results of Dr. Alejandro Nogueira’s work, as well as true intraoperative surgical views and authentic technical or clinical scenarios depicting real practice hands-on cases belonging to Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's skills and expertise.
- No other professional but Dr. Alejandro Nogueira himself as leading and executing surgeon has carried out the techniques, procedures and surgeries shown in the galleries.
- No images were staged, digitally edited or modified in any way, except for cropping, adjusting and resizing to fit gallery format, removing identifiable elements and blanking with anonymity purposes.
- The images of results, treatments, techniques and clinical situations are mere guidance examples aiming to help the patients in their decision-making process, providing an average overview of Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's work; no one of them can be considered as an obligation of any particular results nor a commitment for the application of any specific techniques, therefore you should not base your results expectations on them.
- Every patient has to be assessed individually in order to establish a customized prognosis of results and design an individual surgical plan, being somehow unpredictable the real final outcome of any procedure as well the surgical gestures applied during the intervention, since they will depend on multiple particular, frequently unpredictable and sometimes uncontrollable factors.
- Even when you feel that you look very similar to another patient in their images, your results will likely vary significantly, because you are a unique person and every individual has not only a completely unique physique, but also uniquely individualistic body healing capacities, scarring tendencies and recovery processes, some of which are unpredictable even in very-healthy patients who rest adequately and do all the other right and prescribed things before and after their procedure.
- Previous successful results of a physician do not guarantee future successful procedures and patient's satisfaction.
- The images may display content that is graphic in nature showing explicit surgery, clinical events and that may depict partial or total nudity; if you find such material offensive or you are sensitive to it you should not use this feature and should exercise caution before accessing other explicit features of the website.
- The images are appropriate for a mature-only audience; if you are under the age of 18 you should not view the content of this website.