Ptosis or droopiness of the cheek is in many cases the earliest sign of aging, anticipating many years to other stigmata such as wrinkling, sagging face and neck or the eyelids bags.
The anatomy of deep facial rejuvenation (excludes skin aging and wrinkles) is divided into three thirds or units, which partially overlap to each other. The upper third (excludes the eyelids) or frontal, eyebrow and orbital complex along with the cheekbones and the upper part of the cheek, the middle third or cheekbones, cheek, nasolabial region and mandibular profile, and the lower third that extends from the mandibular edge to the lowest part of the neck.
Cheek droopiness is a simplified way of naming the gravitational aging of the middle third of the face, including cheekbones, cheek and jowls, which due to aging migrates inferiorly.
Although there are cases of severe cheek droopiness in young or very young people due to familiar hereditary factors which may require corrective treatment, the most common scenario is patients showing a marked degree of cheek droopiness from the 40s and on, often as the only remarkable sign of facial aging or associated with eyelids aging.
In most cases, the patients suffer at the same time from cheek droopiness along with a greater or lesser degree of skin excess on the middle third of the face, so it is usual to simultaneously perform the treatment of both problems.
Best state of the art treatment for the droopy cheeks can be either the temporal fossa (temple) short incisions supraperiosteal eyebrows and forehead extended into cheeks lift with interfascial anchoring support, as much as deep face lifting with SMAS and platysma anchor and plasties.
Face Lift and Neck Lift
Forehead Lift and Eyebrow Lift
Brow Lift | Brow Lifting | Brow Rhytidectomy | Brow Rhytidoplasty | Cervicofacial Lift | Cervicofacial Lifting | Cervicofacial Rhytidectomy | Cervicofacial Rhytidoplasty | Cheek Lift | Cheek Lifting | Cheek Rhytidectomy | Cheek Rhytidoplasty | Deep Plane Face Lift | Deep Plane Face Rhytidectomy | Deep Plane Face Rhytidoplasty | Deep Plane Neck Lift | Deep Plane Neck Lifting | Deep Plane Neck Rhytidectomy | Deep Plane Neck Rhytidoplasty | Eyebrow Lift | Eyebrow Lifting | Eyebrow Rhytidectomy | Eyebrow Rhytidoplasty | Face Lift | Face Lifting | Face Rhytidectomy | Face Rhytidoplasty | Face and Neck Lift | Face and Neck Lifting | Face and Neck Rhytidectomy | Face and Neck Rhytidoplasty | Forehead Lift | Forehead Lifting | Forehead Rhytidectomy | Forehead Rhytidoplasty | Forehead and Eyebrow Lift | Forehead and Eyebrow Lifting | Forehead and Eyebrow Rhytidectomy | Forehead and Eyebrow Rhytidoplasty | Jowls Lift | Jowls Lifting | Jowls Rhytidectomy | Jowls Rhytidoplasty | Lower Face Lift | Lower Face Lifting | Lower Face Rhytidectomy | Lower Face Rhytidoplasty | Lower Two Thirds of the Face Lift | Lower Two Thirds of the Face Lifting | Lower Two Thirds of the Face Rhytidectomy | Lower Two Thirds of the Face Rhytidoplasty | Mask Lift | Mask Lifting | Mask Rhytidectomy | Mask Rhytidoplasty | Mini Lift | Mini Lifting | Mini Rhytidectomy | Mini Rhytidoplasty | Nasolabial Folds Lift | Nasolabial Folds Lifting | Nasolabial Folds Rhytidectomy | Nasolabial Folds Rhytidoplasty | Neck Lift | Neck Lifting | Neck Rhytidectomy | Neck Rhytidoplasty | Platysmaplasty Neck Lift | Platysmaplasty Neck Lifting | Platysmaplasty Neck Rhytidectomy | Platysmaplasty Neck Rhytidoplasty | Skin Face Lift | Skin Face Lifting | Skin Face Rhytidectomy | Skin Face Rhytidoplasty | Skin Neck Lift | Skin Neck Lifting | Skin Neck Rhytidectomy | Skin Neck Rhytidoplasty | Smasplasty Face Lift | Smasplasty Face Lifting | Smasplasty Face Rhytidectomy | Smasplasty Face Rhytidoplasty | Upper Face Lift | Upper Face Lifting | Upper Face Rhytidectomy | Upper Face Rhytidoplasty | Upper Two Thirds of the Face Lift | Upper Two Thirds of the Face Lifting | Upper Two Thirds of the Face Rhytidectomy | Upper Two Thirds of the Face Rhytidoplasty
DR. ALEJANDRO NOGUEIRA'S DROOPY CHEEKS CASES PHOTO GALLERY
BEFORE & AFTER
INTRAOPERATIVE & TECHNICAL
See more accessing Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's entire Droopy cheeks Before & After gallery of cases.
See more accessing Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's entire Droopy cheeks Intraoperative & Technical gallery of cases.
- This information is indicative only and does not represent an obligation with patients or a prediction of forthcoming events, since is based on statistical means for large groups of patients, with the variability that implies, and the biased experience of medical professionals.
- Medicine and Surgery are not exact sciences, therefore it is not possible to foretell the most likely evolution neither establish the most suitable management for each individual case until the moment the physicians can preoperatively evaluate the patient and receive feedback about the postoperative.
- One surgical process can't be fully predictable or be rigidly scheduled on a previous protocol, so the management plan may be modified at any time based on the requirements that could be considered as necessary or most suitable.
- Healing is an imprecise and always unpredictable process due to the uniqueness nature of each patient; even with your physician prioritising post-op patient care excellence and scar minimisation techniques and treatments your evolution and results may be likely different to the information contained on this website, therefore your physician cannot guarantee any specific scenario and outcome commitment regarding your procedures.
- Remember that all surgery is likely to produce lasting swelling and a lifetime permanent scar, which is likely to partially evolve over approximately 12 to 18 months or longer because this is an issue of unpredictable kind; some patients may be prone to permanent swelling and bad scarring.
- Information on our website is not a substitute for a personalised, individual consultation that includes a physical examination, history taking, a discussion of the potential risks including potential common complications, pros and cons of various procedural options, and the likely outcome expectations of your surgical procedure. Only an in-person consultation and examination can help your physician to provide you with information about what you, personally, as a unique individual, can expect.
- Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's opinions, indications, procedures, techniques and methods of diagnosis, treatment and management change frequently as new information is available due to scientific knowledge and state-of-the-art medical practice progress; we aim to keep information updated, but it is possible that some information may have been superseded and is in process of being added to our website, therefore it may not represent Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's most current methods or protocols.
- All images are genuine, trustworthy and real standard views of the "before" situation and the long term settled "after" actual results of Dr. Alejandro Nogueira’s work, as well as true intraoperative surgical views and authentic technical or clinical scenarios depicting real practice hands-on cases belonging to Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's skills and expertise.
- No other professional but Dr. Alejandro Nogueira himself as leading and executing surgeon has carried out the techniques, procedures and surgeries shown in the galleries.
- No images were staged, digitally edited or modified in any way, except for cropping, adjusting and resizing to fit gallery format, removing identifiable elements and blanking with anonymity purposes.
- The images of results, treatments, techniques and clinical situations are mere guidance examples aiming to help the patients in their decision-making process, providing an average overview of Dr. Alejandro Nogueira's work; no one of them can be considered as an obligation of any particular results nor a commitment for the application of any specific techniques, therefore you should not base your results expectations on them.
- Every patient has to be assessed individually in order to establish a customized prognosis of results and design an individual surgical plan, being somehow unpredictable the real final outcome of any procedure as well the surgical gestures applied during the intervention, since they will depend on multiple particular, frequently unpredictable and sometimes uncontrollable factors.
- Even when you feel that you look very similar to another patient in their images, your results will likely vary significantly, because you are a unique person and every individual has not only a completely unique physique, but also uniquely individualistic body healing capacities, scarring tendencies and recovery processes, some of which are unpredictable even in very-healthy patients who rest adequately and do all the other right and prescribed things before and after their procedure.
- Previous successful results of a physician do not guarantee future successful procedures and patient's satisfaction.
- The images may display content that is graphic in nature showing explicit surgery, clinical events and that may depict partial or total nudity; if you find such material offensive or you are sensitive to it you should not use this feature and should exercise caution before accessing other explicit features of the website.
- The images are appropriate for a mature-only audience; if you are under the age of 18 you should not view the content of this website.